Camp Manager/Relief Camp Manager – Lodge & Camp In Serengeti, Tarangire, Manyara & Ngorongoro at EXPERT CONSULTANCY
Expert Consultancy is looking for a Camp Manager/Relief Camp Manager based in Arusha. The position requires the individual to work as a Camp Manager for 4 weeks and as a Relief Camp Manager for 2 weeks of every 6-week cycle.
- Prepare welcome and departure notes for guests.
- Check guests in during the day and manage dietaries, children and any other special requests.
- Implement and follow the BOPs.
- Host guests during the day - meet them back from drive and assist with any requests they have.
- Ensure that all products that come into contact with the guest are consistently of the correct standard.
- Check set ups for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Make sure the main area is always tidy and styled to the BOPs.
- Host guests at meal times and check smooth running of service from the kitchen and waiters.
- Work closely with waiters and HODs to maintain a high service standard.
- Assist in any other departments as and when required.
- Host children’s activities at the lodge.
- Must enjoy working with children and be creative when planning fun children’s activities.
- Provide superior service and quality to guests.
- Communication skills - with guests and fellow staff members.
- Standard of your work must exceed the standard of the lodge.
- Good organisational ability.
- Lateral thinking ability.
- Must adhere to World Class Hospitality and Service Standards.
- Professional, courteous and hospitable to guests.
- Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guest’s needs.
- Must be able to lead people and correct things when needed.
- Honest, have good integrity, proactive and driven person who has career ambitions.
- The surrounding communities
- The country
- Company knowledge
- Valid unendorsed Tanzania driver’s license essential.
Previous Work Experience Required:
- Experience in the service industry especially in dealing with guests and staff.
- Previous camp manger/safari host experience an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with kids an advantage.
- This is a permanent live-in position, based at the Lodge.
- Transport to/from leave cycles is the successful candidate’s own responsibility.
The successful candidate will be based in the given national parks or Conservation area.
Please note ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 10th May, 2019