Job Opportunity of Gender Analysis Consultant At Manoff Group | Tanzania NGO's Jobs
The Manoff Group, Inc., one of the members of the LISHE ENDELEVU Activity, is seeking a short-term local Consultant (i.e. based in Tanzania), to conduct a gender analysis to support the development of a social and behaviour change strategy that includes an approach that is both gender sensitive and gender transformative in promoting interventions that improve nutrition outcomes for women, infants and young children, and adolescents.
- Develop an inception report demonstrating an understanding of the terms of reference and scope of work, a description of the key activities, and a work plan for the implementation of the key activities and deliverables.
- Review selected literature and evidence on gender, women’s empowerment and gender.
- Consult with LISHE ENDELEVU staff, other FtF Programs, and priority partner programs and describe how they presently address gender issues and include recommendations to improve current thinking and approaches to strengthen the gender-sensitive interventions and gender-transformative strategies that will help to increase gender equity, empower women and girls, and improve nutrition outcomes.
- Conduct community-level consultations (through focus group discussions and key informant interviews) with selected representatives of men, women and adolescent beneficiaries of the LISHE ENDELEVU activity to gain insights into important gender issues (as discussed in this Terms of Reference) in households and communities.
- In close consultation with LISHE ENDELEVU staff, write a Draft Gender Analysis Document that includes a background, presentation of findings, a gender analysis and discussion, and recommendations.
- Finalize the Gender Analysis Report based on feedback from the LISHE ENDELEVU Management and Technical Advisors.
- Duration and Timeframe of the Consultancy: This consultancy will be implemented between May 10 – June 30, 2019 for a maximum of 30 working days to include deskwork, consultations in Dar-es-Salaam and Dodoma, Skype calls, and community-based consultations in selected regions identified by the LISHE ENDELEVU team.
Requisite Consultant Qualifications:
- The Consultant will have a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Women’s Studies, Anthropology, or Sociology or equivalent experience from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- The Consultant will have a significant professional experience in implementing and managing gender programming within the health, nutrition or agriculture sectors, particularly those with development activities at the community and household level targeted towards the vulnerable populations;
- Conversant with current international dialogue and thinking on gender, gender issues, women’s empowerment, and how programs and policies address these in the nutrition, agriculture or public health sectors;
- Excellent strategic thinking and writing skills: must be able to produce a written strategy document (in English) meeting international professional quality standards;
- Proactive and efficient;
- Available to work full-time on the consultancy within the timeframe of May 10 – June 30 2019;
- Committed to addressing gender equality and women’s empowerment through effective programming.
Please send a brief cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gender Analysis Consultant – Tanzania” in the subject line.
Application Deadline 4th May 2019
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis in Dar through May 6th, so please apply as soon as possible.