New Volunteer Opportunity at VSO International, Employment and Entrepreneurship Adviser | Deadline: 08th May, 2019
NAFASI ZA KAZI MPYA LEO TANZANIA | NAFASI ZA AJIRA 2019Volunteer role: Employment and Entrepreneurship Adviser
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty.source:msesetz.com
We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute improving the employability of vulnerable and marginalised people, including women, youth and people with disabilities in the countries that VSO is working in. The ideal person for this position will be working hand in hand with members of the Global Livelihoods team, located around the world, and Livelihoods in the country offices of VSO Tanzania, VSO Uganda and VSO Kenya. You will support documenting VSO’s work in the area of employment and entrepreneurship and advice on improvements and future focus of the work. Your input will ensure that VSO is delivering a relevant package of employment and entrepreneurship services to marginalized youth.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management or social science, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related field.
- Background on training, education orfacilitation skills will be the most advantageous factor for this position.
- Communication – communicates at various levels depending on the audience and content of message, communicates the rights message, excellent in communication consistency between partners in the project.
- Analysis and creative problem-solving – proactive to deliver solutions to challenges. Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need.
- Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Flexibility – ability to be proactive in changing environment of working, business management, and entrepreneurship is desirable, experienced on people management and ability to work in a multinationals with flexibilities of cultural differences.
Competencies and Behaviour
- At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectfulAbility to be resilient and adaptive to new situation
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationshipsAbility to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Allowance and accommodation
- All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. Source:msesetz.com
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description "Click here please"for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy(PDF).