Steps To Get New National Identity Card If Lost
Many people have been complaining that they either do not have national identity cards since they have been registered they have not been given such IDs. But some have explained that their IDs have been lost and they want to know what steps are needed to get new tags.
The applicant who lost his identity by stolen or tragedy will have to come to the NIDA office in the district where he lives and confirm his statement before being given a identity document to the Police, a letter that will have his identity number.
Through the letter the Police will give him a confirmation of the “Police Loss Report” identification. Then the migrator should do the following to get a new ID:
- The user will submit a report of the disappearance from the Police; in the NIDA district office he / she lives and fill a special form.
- He will be required to pay a bank fee of TZS 20,000 / - if the cost of reprinting his identification card.
- Upon of the payment, he will submit the bank payment receipt and get the government's receipt from the National Identity Authority (NIDA).
- After the completion of the process, he will be given a waiting period before he comes to the NIDA office for another identification.
NOTE; National identity cards are first free for citizens, and when reproduced, citizens must pay for the printing costs.
For the identity of a person who wants to change their information and requires a new identification ID will do the following: -
- The applicant will have to write a letter NIDA to explain the basic reasons for changing its information in the system and to attach legal documents that allow it to do so. An example if he wants to change names should come with a legal deed poll.
- The applicant will complete the application form at the NIDA office in the District where he / she lives
- He will be required to pay the bank fees for shs. 20,000 / - if the cost of reprinting its identification.
- Upon of the payment, he will submit the bank payment receipt and get the government receipt from the National Identity Authority (NIDA).
- After completion of the procedure, he will be given time to wait before he comes to the NIDA office for another identification.