Assistant Director of Operations at SHARE TANZANIA
About Share Tanzania
Founded in 2012, Share Tanzania is a Tanzanian registered NGO caring full-time for over 100 children and supporting over 1000 local children and families in the community. The NGO is located in the village of Uchira and the nearby town of Moshi, spread across several sites. Our NGO employs over 100 staff in a wide variety of roles, and our goal is to alleviate poverty and improve the lives of vulnerable children living in the area.
The Assistant Director of Operations will have full responsibility for all facets of the NGO’s operation in Tanzania. This leadership position will be an interesting and varied role; and it will require excellent people management skills, an ability to operate independently, and a drive to fully own the responsibility of leading a rapidly growing organisation. In addition, the role requires someone to have a compassionate attitude, and to develop an affinity with our ethos and goals.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the office functions, including HR, Accounting and Donation Management - and supervise the leaders of each department.
- Oversee the social work and outreach functions
- Oversee the homes for children with special needs, formerly street-involved children, and our orphanage.
- Oversee the Kilimanjaro Animal Rescue
- Work with the Executive Director to link fundraising with identified children needing our support
- Monitor continuous improvement within all areas of the organisation
- Develop and maintain staff development and training initiatives
- Liaise with external Tanzanian authorities where required
- Implement the strategy and goals of the NGO as set out by our Founder/Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of working in a professional environment
- At least 5 years’ experience in management in a professional environment - whereby the management level entailed direct management responsibilities for direct reports
- Proven experience of being able to take full ownership of substantial responsibility
- Experience and ability to manage budgets and cost control
- Proven ability to manage different and varied projects effectively
- Ability to lead, motivate, and influence others to achieve objectives in a team-based environment
- The role is extremely varied, so we are not limiting applicants with NGO experience. However, we can only consider applicants who can prove they have the skills and experience we require. The selection process may be spread across several interviews and include a requirement to complete a Leadership Psychometric test.
Interested applicants please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and why you feel you are a suitable candidate, to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the link to the Job Summary, Expectations, and Qualifications here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WxYfbGJxEPnYq8L1N70Uckqq736ZD4ECViuvegk16VA/edit?usp=sharing