differences between deployment diagram and component diagram
The following below are the differences between deployment diagram and component diagram. They categorized into two differences which are use and purpose.
The Component diagrams can be used as following below
- To Model the components of a system.
- To Model the database schema.
- To Model the executables of an application.
- To Model the system's source code.
- To model the hardware topology of a system.
- To model the embedded system.
- To model the hardware details for a client/server system.
- To model the hardware details of a distributed application.
- For Forward and Reverse engineering.
The purpose of the component diagram can be summarized as −
- Visualize the components of a system.
- Construct executables by using forward and reverse engineering.
- Describe the organization and relationships of the components.
- Visualize the hardware topology of a system.
- Describe the hardware components used to deploy software components.
- Describe the runtime processing nodes.