HOW AMAZON AND JUMIA USE MIS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- Establish Customer relationship management interventions across the business operations of Amazon and Jumia.They devise more customer relationship marketing and also enhances its logistics operations accordingly. This calls for allocation of more human resource and expansion in to unexplored markets.
- Customize Marketing campaigns: The marketing campaigns of Amazon amd Jumia has been more tailored to the needs of the customers. Use of data of customers from Management Information Systems belonging to a particular community promote this practice there by offering newsletters which are most customized to the needs of the consumer communities.
- To provide information readily to company decision makers. Regardless of whether it is a marketing, financial or operational issue, managers need quick access to information so that they can make good decisions that will have a positive impact on the company’s performance. Management Information Systems enhance this by strategically storing vast amounts of information about the company in a central location that can be easily accessed by managers over a network
- .Management Information Systems also help in data collection. Data from everyday operations in the company is collected and brought together with data from sources outside the organization. This enables a healthy and functional relationship between distributors, retail outlets and any other members of the supply chain. It also helps keep good track of performance since production and sales numbers will be recorded and stored in a central database that can be accessed by all members of the MIS. Access to this information also helps ensure that problems are detected early and decisions are made quickly using the latest information.
- To promote collaboration in the workplace. In any large company, there are many situations that call for input from several individuals or departments before decisions can be made. Without an efficient communication channel, these decisions can take a very long time. Even with good communication channels, if the different stakeholders don’t have access to all the available data, the process would hit a number of snags before it’s complete. Management Information Systems ensure that all the members of the decision making group have access to all the data that’s required to make the decision even if they are working from different physical locations.