New 2 Jobs At Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC),
Read Aslo: Click Here For More Jobs (543) In Tanzania Today
TCDC has following vacancy:
Position: Finance Assistant (2)
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Duration of Contract: One year renewable
Job Objective: Finance Assistant will support the administration of the financial/business functions of the finance unit. Typically uses Quick Book computer system to perform duties.Performs tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by the supervisor. Exercises judgment in selecting and applying TCDC established procedures correctly and in determining when to refer problems to the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracyDaily filing and stamping of Vouchers posted in QuickBooks
- Matching Purchase orders, invoices, and deliveries of various procured goods and services.
- Processing and reconciling bank and petty cash accounts.Verify advance payments.
- Review accuracy and compliance of imprest and travel advance retirements
- Preparation of statutory payments and follow up of receipts on monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of payable accounts including fuel, utilities, pension contribution, and withholding taxes.
- Provide assistant to the HR and Administration department in petty cash and imprest management
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide financial logistical support to staff and partners during field visits and workshops.
- Provide assistant to Senior Finance Officer in preparing the Financial reports to all donors at the end of each monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist Finance Officer to train, manage and disburse funds to TCDC CBOs.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Officer to ensure the smooth operation of all finance matters.Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience of working within the finance departmentAbility to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Ability to manage a high volume workload.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
If interested, please apply by email to email@example.com the following:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (start with your most recent employment and state job title, employer, dates employed as well as skills and achievements in each employment listed);
(2) cover letter (please refer to the core competencies and state how your skills, knowledge, and experience demonstrate your suitability)
(3) two professional references.
Please do not send additional attachments or copies (i.e. academic transcripts or professional certificates) at this time. You may apply no later than May 10, 2019. This is an immediate opening so no applications will be accepted after this date. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so there is no need to follow up.