New Job Opportunities At Path | Ajira Mpya May 2019
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives:
Read Aslo: Click Here For More Jobs (543) In Tanzania Today
• Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system;Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
• Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and;
• Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
We seek to recruit a Senior Program Assistant to provide project management and logistics support for IDDS project activities in Tanzania.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide meeting planning and logistics activities which may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
• Provide general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the IDDS Program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for IDDS staff, assisting IDDS staff with travel planning arrangements and post-travel reimbursements, including cheque requests, meal conference forms, etc.
• Coordinate procurement of both services and supplies and working closely with the procurement and operations team to manage vendors and suppliers.
• In consultation with relevant staff, plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports and other communications materials as requested.
• Maintain the electronic and paper filing systems to ensure information is readily and easily accessible. This will include regular updates of assigned email distribution lists.
• Ensure local and international travel management for assigned programs teams (visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.)
• Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurements, prepare documentation (e.g. Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
• Participate in staff meetings, produce minutes for activity meetings and workshops and assist in following up on recommendations or actions.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
• Plan and coordinate full range of logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop detailed budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop and field work exercise participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings and field work exercises.
• Ensure that IDDS team transaction requests are submitted following PATH Tanzania established processes and procedures.
• Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Tanzania, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
• Update activities and documents on online (Box, SharePoint etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of two years of Professional experience directly related to administrative and program support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working in an international organization and/or in a multicultural environment is desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing the expectations of multiple clients.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
• Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in team situations with minimal supervision.
• Excellent computer skills (especially MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook): must have demonstrable ability to format and scan documents, prepare presentations and use advanced calendaring and email management strategies.
• Ability to establish and maintain office records and files, interpret rules and regulations and to apply them to work situations.
Must currently have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type Full-Time/Regular