Job At Uber Tanzania-Country Manager July 2019
Country Manager - Tanzania
City Operations, Operations & Launch in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the Role
The Tanzania Country Manager role is at the heart of our drive to make Uber both big and beloved by the people that matter in the cities we serve - both now and in the future. We are on the front line when it comes to shaping regulation, advocating for our vision for urban mobility, striking strategic partnerships and celebrating cities in ways only Uber can.
As the Country Manager for Tanzania you will play a critical role in building and nurturing various channels in your cities for Uber that will grow our business and raise our profile. This role will be the interface between the business and our key stakeholders in our cities (i.e. supply networks, customers, corporates, regulators etc.).
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding role: Tanzania has some big opportunities and can be a challenging market with complex market dynamics. You will need to deal with both businesses and business groups as well as helping with engaging local licensing and policy makers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the growth of our cities. This will include building a sustainable growth trajectory in the cities we serve. You will:
- Work cross functionally with regional teams to deliver the best possible experience for Uber riders and driver partners across our cities in Tanzania
- Build the country strategy, with focus on growth, expansion and fierce P&L management
- Guide regional ops and marketing investment decisions in Tanzania to efficiently grow the business and meet ambitious targets.
- Work with regional ops and marketing teams with guidance as the local subject matter expert and as project manager to ensure execution on the ground
- Work with our policy team to maintain and grow strong working relationships with local and national government stakeholders and regulators
- Work with regional and HQ product teams to deliver product outcomes for our riders and driver partners
- Engage with local organisations and businesses to develop partnerships that benefit Uber driver partners and riders
What You'll Need
- Management experience in Operations, Consulting, Strategy, Technology, Business Development or a similar area. (Rapidly changing environment, P&L ownership is necessary)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree within a related field - MBA highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of working in Tanzania with specific exposure to working with regulators and policy holders within Dar Es Salaam
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
APPLY ONLINE HERE