The President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is an independent department established by Section 29 (1) of the Public Service CAP 298 as amended by the Act No. 18 of 2007. PSRS was established to facilitate the recruitment process on behalf of the Government. The Amendment Act No.18 of 2007 under section 29 (6) stipulates the functions of the PSRS as follows:
- Search for various professionals with special skills and prepare database for such professionals for easier recruitment;
- Register graduates and professionals for purposes of ease of reference in filling vacant posts,
- Advertise vacant posts occurring in the public service;
- Engage appropriate experts for purposes of conducting interviews;
- Advise employers on various matters related to recruitment; and
- Do any other act or thing which may be directed by the Minister responsible for Public Service.
Human resource is an ankle and significant factor in public service delivery, thus, PSRS has been given a role of recruiting public servants in fair, transparent, and timely manner; while observing and guaranteeing quality and access to all applicants in order to deliver equitable Public Service in Tanzania. Our aim is to improve government public Service on issues concerning recruitment process According to our rules and regulations and at the same time enhance good relations with Our stakeholders.
As we all know that the government motto is to enhance transparency and accountability to the public. The PSRS will enable Ministries, Independent Departments and Agencies, Regional Secretariats, Local Government Authorities and other Public Institutions to acquire human resources with relevant competencies by adhering to principles of fairness, impartiality, transparency and meritocracy in the public service of Tanzania. It is therefore expected that, by adhering to the above principles; the public service in Tanzania will be of high standard and hence contribute to the growth of the national economy in line with the Vision 2025.