Chemonics International Ajira, Jobs Tanzania At Chemonics International, Nafasi Za Kazi Tanzania, Jobs Tanzania, Chemonics International Jobs
Chemonics seeks a finance manager for the anticipated USAID Arithmetic and Inclusive Education activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to acquire technical assistance and instructional materials and student aids targeted at improving lifelong learning skills and increasing the inclusivity of primary education, specifically focusing on arithmetic for all students in Standards 1-2. The finance manager will be responsible for managing all financial aspects of the activity. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversees the issuance of checks of payment for processed transactions, logs payments, distribute and/or mail checks to the appropriate vendor.
- Liaises with Tanzanian accounting firm in performing local financial management and the appropriate local accounting reporting needed;
- Prepares and maintains all the project financial reporting for the Tanzanian authorities.
- Reviews expenses entered into ABACUS (Chemonics accounting system) and provide supporting documentation for expenses entered;
- Prepares and submits monthly accounting reports to the home office, respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit;
- Maintains transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per Chemonics’ policies.
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in finance, project management, economic development, or related discipline required;
- Minimum of 7 years of finance experience on international development experience, including experience managing USAID contracts;
- Demonstrated strong skills in financial management procedures and policies;
- Knowledge of Tanzanian operating environment preferred, including registration, taxes, and labor law;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Apply online at https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/tanzaniaaielocal by Monday, September 9, 2019. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. (Remember to select the job your applying for on the Chemonics Online Application form)