Nafasi Za Kazi Mbeya, Mamlaka Ya Maji Mbeya, Ajira Mpya Tanzania, Government Jobs, Ajira Serikalini, New Jobs Tanzania, Careers TanzaniaMbeya Water Supply and sanitation Authority (MbeyaWSSA) is an autonomous water supply organization mandated to provide water and sewerage disposal services within the urban area of Mbeya city. It was established in January 1998 under section 3 (I) of Act No.8 OF 1997, repealed by Act No. 12 of 2009.
Vision: “To be an excellent Water Supply and Sanitation Authority in Tanzania in delivering portable, sufficient quality water supply and sanitation services.”
To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with the expansion of activities MbeyaWSSA is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the following position;
JOB TITLE: MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields:- Civil Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Engineering, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Human Resources, Public Administration,
- Also must be the holder of Master’s degree in the relevant field with nine (9) years of solid professional experience with progressively higher levels of responsibility with a minimum of five (5) years of which in at least managerial position from a reputable Organization and
- must be Computer literate.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in the water and sanitation sector and should demonstrate ability to form,
- motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve results coupled with a clear evidence of operations management and administrative skills.
- All Applicants must be Professional Registered in there respectively Board of Professionals.
Key Result Areas (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Managing, Planning and Coordinating the Authority’s activities of providing continuous supply of water of suitable quality for domestic/ business/ industrial purposes and efficient removal of wastewater.
- To be the Accounting Officer of the Mbeya UWSA.
- to ensure all targets are met accordingly.
- To be Secretary and Chief Advisor of the Board of Directors.
- To ensure provision of adequate and quality water and professional disposal of waste water.
- To be spokesperson of the Mbeya UWSA responsible for the implementation and execution of the policies laid down by the Board of Directors.
- To be Chief Executor of all Mbeya UWSA contracts, agreements, leases, deeds and litigation to which the organization is legally subjected to.
- To develop and recommend to the Board of Directors, the long term and short term plans and strategies for achieving the organization’s objectives.
- To plan, organize and control of all types of resources, functions and activities of Mbeya UWSA.
- To oversee development of manpower plans, staffing levels, manpower selection/recruitment of the right quality and proper manpower utilization.
- To review Mbeya UWSA investment targets, project plan and budget.
- To prepare and maintain Mbeya UWSA manpower plan, refinement of job descriptions and management of the hiring process;
- To prepare, monitor and control Mbeya UWSA operating Budget;
- To prepare progress reports for approval by the Board of Directors
- To perform any other duty that relates to his/her post as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- To chair / lead all Mbeya UWSA Management Tasks including Meetings
- The above Post carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance to qualification .required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and Mbeya Uwsa’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.The successful candidate will be accorded 4 years renewable contract based on the performance.
- Management, Leadership and Team building Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- High level of commitment
- Computer literacy
- Applicant MUST be a Tanzanian
- Applicant Age should not be above 55 years
- Applicants who studied outside Tanzania should have a Certification from NECTA andTCU
- Applicants should sign every page of all attached document
- Statement results, results slip, testimonials shall not be accepted
- Applicant should attach two passport size.
- Applicant should mark at the top of envelope the post he/she is applying for.
- All application shall be sent via POST office and NOT otherwise.
- Applications that dully fulfills these requirements will be considered invalid.
- The qualified persons should submit (not by emails) their handwritten letters of application stating how advertised criteria attaching certified copies of relevant academic, personal curriculum vitae (CV) supported certificates so as to reach the under mentioned not later than 30th Sept 2019. Applicants are also required names and contacts of at least three (3) work / professional related referees.
- Applications which will not meet the stated qualification will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking. Lobbying and Canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
- Mbeya UWSA is an equal opportunity employer, women are highly encouraged to apply.
Mbeya Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
P.O Box 2932,