|AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA | NAFASI ZA KAZI TANZANIA|
2 Job Opportunities At Jhpiego
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit for the following 2 positions.
JOB TITLE: Regional Technical Lead [One position based In Kagera]Position Overview:
The Regional Technical Lead will support the Regional Program Manager to provide technical and program leadership in the areas of Reproductive maternal, wborn and child health (RMNH) including family planning (FP), emergency obstetric and newborn care (both basic and comprehensive): antenatal and postnatal care; ; essential newborn care; and Malaria. Responsibilities include coordinating with Regional and District Health Management Teams, and providing leadership and technical guidance to the regional project team in the development and implementation of integrated RMNCAH activities, utilizing cross-cutting approaches such as performance and quality improvement ensuring the technical and methodological soundness of RMNCAH activities and, in collaboration with the technical team and other partners, supporting the implementation of clinical service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. The Regional Technical Lead will also be responsible for ensuring that activities are on schedule and are being properly documented. S/he will also be responsible for gathering the relevant program data and drafting quarterly progress reports for related technical areas.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in clinical medicine
- Five or more years of work experience in Reproductive and MNH. Experience working in Maternity care is a plus.
- Be an excellent classroom and clinical trainer with at least two years’ experience in clinical training
- Experience working in the private sector/NGOs
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing capacity-building programs for improving service delivery
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in service delivery programs and technical staff in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health, and performance and quality improvement
- Experience managing quality assurance
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self -management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
JOB TITLE: Regional Program Manager [One position based In Kagera]Position Overview:
The Regional Program Manager will be responsible for leading regional operations and oversee program implementation in all districts targeted by the Project in the Kagera region. S/he will work closely with Regional and District Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) counterparts to set Regional and district priorities, and will provide leadership and management support to project staff and ensure they are working in a coordinated, rational and integrated way in the pursuit of Project deliverables. The Regional Program Manager will also coordinate with the USAID Boresha Afya Project Technical Leads to tailor assistance based on district needs and will engage other sectors at the district level. The person selected for this position will actively participate in regional RMNCAH and malaria policy and strategy discussions including planning and progress reviews with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Advanced degree in program management (e.g. MBA), healthcare management or other relevant field. Degree in clinical medicine or nursing desirable.
- At least 7 years demonstrated experience implementing and managing healthcare programs (This includes human resources, procurement and sub-grantee management, development of regional strategies, budget and work plans)
- Experience in managing a large office and professional staff
- Proven leadership in team building, and demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systems
- Previous experience and understanding of USG funded programs
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: MNCH, Family Planning, and/or Postpartum Family Planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with local government, key stakeholders and other agencies
- Demonstrated experience in writing quarterly and annual report, as well as documentation of program results
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Jhpiego offers a competitive package for selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
MODE OF APPLICATIONTo apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT Include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org Electronics applications are encouraged.
The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 October 2019, at 5:00 P.M.
Jhpiego Is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply