serengeti breweries, changombe road, dar es salaam, serengeti breweries jobs 2019, serengeti breweries logo, serengeti breweries mwanza p.o box, serengeti breweries masaki, nafasi za kazi serengeti breweries, nafasi za kazi serengeti breweries 2019, serengeti breweries arusha
Job Description :
Marketing Manager, Spirits – SBL
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 24%.
SBL flagship brands are Serengeti Premium Lager and Serengeti Premium LITE. Other brand portfolios include Pilsner Lager, Tusker Lager and Guinness. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Gordon’s Gin and Bailey’s Irish cream.
This role is located within the Demand side of the business.
The Marketing manager, Spirits role is critical for the development and execution of both the short, and long term SBL spirits strategy, with the aim of growing the volume and NSV contribution to SBL and EABL. Incumbent will work closely, with the Sales team, Customer Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain, providing leadership and support to deliver against all objectives.
Purpose of Role
To lead the development and execution of the SBL spirits strategy across the Tanzanian market, in both Off-Premise and On- Premise trade while supporting the business in achieving its business objectives; creating the capacity and building a strong spirits culture within SBL. Other key dimensions include:
Beat the plan and competition through net sales value, trading profit, growing share and volume.
P&L Management with accountability across the Spirits portfolio
Responsible for the management of overhead and T&E budget for the entire Spirits team.
Responsible for maximizing ROI, whilst maintaining customer and brand focus with effective strategies to deliver growth.
SBL operates in a complex, ever changing and extremely exciting market environment and in a vast geography. SBL is one of the key players in Tanzania facing competition from long established competitors and aggressive emerging new players in the Spirits space.
The holder of this role will enable SBL to establish and grow the spirits category, exploiting all opportunities to accelerate company growth. Ideal candidate should:
Have Deep understanding of business, sales, marketing, financial, supply chain management, business environment, and production, account development and needs/challenges of assigned distributors.
Be recognized as an expert in strategy development contract management, distribution, trade marketing, supply chain management.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-Making Rights
This is a key Influencer role across the broader SBL / EABL business in relation to current and future spirits opportunities. Leadership of the marketing spirit portfolio, whilst supporting the broader sales and Key Account’s functions(indirectly) to shape the SBL Spirits business and culture. Close monitoring and evaluation of customers, RTM and team performance to propose, and develop actions, plans and initiatives for growth.
Lead the strategic development and implementation of the Spirits strategy as follows:
- Translate the corporate strategy into a compelling Spirits strategy that grows the SBL spirits penetration and maximizes the ROI.
- Deliver plan NSV, Cash and OP (Operating Plan)
- Beat the competition and deliver/exceed the AOP (Annual Operating Plan)
- Drive the implementation of global initiatives in the local market.
- Support the development and implementation of the Consumer, Shopper and Customer strategies that consistently refine the route to market strategy:
- Approach to implement trade and brand programmes within POS (Point of Sale)
- Contribute to the overall marketing strategy and plan by integrating the brand & category strategies into the trade marketing & distribution strategy
- Develop spirits capability among SBL sales force.
- Manage the development and implementation of trade programmes for customer segments and key accounts.
- Ensure that Trade area is well trained and motivated in order that trade marketing and distribution representation is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
- Manage Mainstream Spirits overhead & A&P budget, including trade specific programmes (excluding generic and specific trade research)
- Champion innovation in trade programmes development and distribution systems in order to achieve competitive advantage
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Appropriate degree in commerce or related field;
- MBA and/or Chartered Market certification is an added advantage
- Business qualification ideal.
- Strong commercial acumen
- 7 – 10 years’ experience cross functional experience, mostly in spirit business.
- 5 years management role with ability to demonstrate successes in leading, building and developing strong teams.
- Leadership of large teams operating in complex, multi-channeled settings
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
- Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful Customers
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to lead teams and build relationships across cultures and in developing markets.
- Inability to act as a leadership member of the International Demand business and manage across the organisation matrix, linking back into the wider Global spirit community.
- Inability to partner with supply and commercial functions.
Worker Type :
Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
JOB TITLE: Sales Development And Capability Manager
Sales Capability Manager – Serengeti Breweries Limited
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 20%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. 51% of the company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Scope of the role
Provide vision for the sales team (SBL & Trade Partners) on capability build and embed Diageo functional & leadership capabilities. The role works within a team and supports commercial team members
Purpose of Role
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. Considering the great need to have a dynamic and proactive Sales Force, it is crucial for the position to be constantly updated on the current training break through in order to give the Team knowledge to be a great Sales Force.
The job holder works jointly with Head of Consumer Marketing, Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Senior Sales Managers and Field sales teams to develop and deliver training objectives e.g. Diageo Way of Selling (DWS), Sales Drivers (QVPPP), Managing Relations (MR), Trade Strategy (TS), Customer Insights, Consumer Driven Outlet Segmentation (CDOS)
This position is based in the divisions, 70% of the time is spent in the field and 30% of the time is spent in the office planning learning & coaching interventions
- Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocs allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximize company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- To provide leadership in building capability mainly within the sales team.
- Work cross-functionally & regionally to transform behaviour using tools and processes that deliver increased competitiveness within the team
- Work with Sales Team Leaders to cascade new initiatives on functional & Leadership development capability
- Champion Diageo Way of Selling (DWS)in the division to create the best CPG sales team through transforming the coaching capabilities in our line managers (TMs) by building a coaching culture
- Organising/facilitate other trainings outside DWS such as spirits training etc.
- Embed & sustain DWS Standards of Excellence through rigorous coaching on structured call; persuasive selling; and brand knowledge while on trade accompaniments
- Champion Intouch – Roll out, embed and sustain the tool to drive brilliant execution at retail.
- Publish a quarterly training Calendar at least one month before the start of each quarter including creating clarity and understanding of all cycle plans through dramatization of activities in cycle briefings & Area meetings (POPPS).
Qualifications and experience required
- Graduate preferable in a business related field
- In market 5 years sales experience with demonstrable track record of success
- Strong diagnosis and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and influencing, able to explain process issues in a simple way, preferably with experience working across sales teams
- Knowledge of field sales ways of working is preferable or understanding and experience of sales business processes
- Attention to detail is key, ruthlessly focusing on execution
- Willing to set the bar high and is committed to delivering excellence
- Have a huge passion for growing and developing teams
- Quick learner who exhibits resiliency and tenacity in the face of challenge
Barriers to success in role
- Weak communication and influencing
- Dislike or discomfort with detail
- Low resilience and inability to operate successfully in a fast moving and often pressurized environment
- Lack of flexibility or openness to change
- Inability to work across cultures
Worker Type :
Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
CLICK HERE TO APPLY