|Equity for Tanzania Ltd (EFTA)|
Job Opportunity Equity for Tanzania Ltd (EFTA), Ajira Mpya Equity for Tanzania Ltd (EFTA), Jobs Equity for Tanzania Ltd (EFTA), Jobs TanzaniaPosition: Internal Audit Head
Equity for Tanzania Ltd (EFTA) is an award-winning equipment finance company which provides equipment loans to small, medium and growing businesses in Tanzania.
Overview: Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Location: Moshi with frequent travel to other EFTA locations as planned
- Reporting functionally to the Board’s Audit Committee and administratively to EFTA’s CEO, the incumbent will be responsible to;
- Prepare annual internal audit plan, ensure that the audit plans comply with Bank of Tanzania internal audit requirements and is approved by the audit committee (and Bank of Tanzania, if necessary), liaise with department heads/branch managers to agree dates for internal audit visits and to ensure that staff, records and other resources will be available when required.
- Prepare annual budget for internal audit work and monitor and control expenditure in line with budget
- Perform internal audits in line with audit plan, maintain and safeguard records of audit work done including documenting audit approach. Highlight any matters requiring attention and discuss findings with auditees and senior management prior to report writing
- Prepare reports for senior management and audit committee based on findings, including non- compliances and recommendations for improvement.
- Carry out special investigations as required (e.g. supplier spot checks and audits, partner audits, customer spot checks investigations, fraud investigations and be responsible for monitoring whistle-blowing concerns from in and outside EFTA)
- Reporting and confidentiality: The Internal Audit function reports directly to EFTA’s Audit Committee. Ensure findings are kept confidential from all staff and third parties unless otherwise required by the regulator. Must maintain independence and impartiality from other EFTA staff, including senior management.
- Should encourage a culture of continuous improvement within EFTA to ensure that internal controls remain effective and efficient and appropriate for the business as it grows.
- Experience: internal audit, risk and compliance management experience in banking/finance sector
- Education Level: Degree in financial or business discipline from a reputable university. Member of professional accounting, internal audit or banking body (preferred), as required by the Banking and Financial Institutions (Internal Control and Internal Audit) Regulations, 2014.
- Skills: Ms Office, communication, report writing, analytical minded.
- Disciplined work ethic with the desire for personal and professional advancement
- Fluent in written and verbal English and Kiswahili
- Organized with strong sense of priority and commitment to deadlines, independent worker and able to respond to changing regulatory, business and technological requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Thorough analytical, investigative, and collaborative approach to work. Should be able to advise management and the Board/Audit Committee on various matters challenging the business.
- Honest and incorruptible.
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “IA Vacancy” by 27/10/2019.