Job Opportunity IntraHealth InternationalJOB TITLE: Compliance Manager
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named Tohara Plus Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in Compliance Manager Position for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. This position will be based in Mwanza.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Compliance Manager will oversee the Risk, Compliance and Assessment team to provide independent assurance on programmatic, financial, operational and grant management processes, and ensure that existing engagement implementation processes are improved and that best practices are adopted. This role reports to Regional Senior Risk Manager.
- Perform project’s audits, internal control reviews and compliance assessment activities
- Analyze findings and make recommendations to address control gaps.
- Follow up on the recommendations to ensure effective implementation
- Conduct periodic site-visits to partners & review their financial records/internal control systems and make recommendations
- Perform special audits/investigations and effectively report the outcome to supervisor and IntraHealth management.
- Monitor financial activities and keep the Project/Country Director advised of any situations which has potential for negative impact on activity implementation.
- Ensure key steps (planning, execution, reporting) are coordinated effectively with input from the project management team.
- Provide professional advice with regard to internal control systems and compliance.
- Effectively document and write reports on findings and recommendation to improve processes controls and systems.
- Support the management team during internal /external audits: coordinate preparation activities and documentation during audit
- Support the Project/Country Director in follow-up of recommendations & closure activities for both internal and external audits; support, monitor and verify audit closure.
- Coordinate with the Project/Country Director and management team to identify knowledge and skills gaps and manage provision of capacity building interventions in the areas of compliance and risk management to staff and partners.
- Demonstrate knowledge and be first point of contact for colleagues and management on compliance-related issues.
- Assist IntraHealth operations and program teams with risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
- Assist the department of compliance on compliance and enterprise risk management activities.
Qualifications, Work Experience & Skills:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk & Compliance or related field or equivalent work experience (A certification in the field is a must e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIA).
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in grant management, establishing and maintaining effective working relationship, two of which as an auditor or risk manager.
- A working experience of at least two years working with USAID-funded projects/ institutional donor/s will be an added advantage.
- In depth knowledge and experience in risk management, risk profiling, and compliance and systems reviews;
- Working knowledge of the regulations and compliance requirements of bilateral funding sources such as CDC, USAID, etc.;
- Ability to deliver training and prepare training materials will be an asset.
- Excellent influencing skills, diplomacy, tact and ability to obtain cooperation of individuals and staff not under own control.
- Be persistent and resolute.
- Ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment;
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines without close supervision.
- Serves with high level of Integrity and models Stewardship
- The appointed candidate will be an individual of stature, integrity and authority, with a Successful track record of achievement and success in their career. The candidate should be a strategic thinker with the ability to assess, understand and communicate the impact of various risks across the organization.
The following areas of experience and capabilities will be required:
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual with the ability to communicate and influence clearly both verbally and in written form. The individual will be expected to analyze complex issues and communicate them with simplicity to stakeholders and management.
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual who has the ability to view situations from a holistic commercial and business perspective; have an eye for detail and a risk aware mind-set.
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit a highly respected Individual who has the ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual who can effectively operate in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. This individual is required to be flexible and versatile.
Year 1 success factors
- Supporting in the set-up of the team; hiring of the right staff;
- Embedding best practice processes to support both short term and long term goals of the department;
- Effectively use, risk based assessments to support internal teams and drive organizational development;
- Supporting internal teams on grant management
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Summary of Benefits:
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply Click Here and learn more about Intrahealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be submitted to the following link Tanzania Job Opportunities with the name of the position your applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is October 31st ,2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about “Who We Are” @:http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1