Direct Reports to: Medical Activity Manager
Position status: Full-time
Location: Nduta Camp
Position open: 1
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Required- Medical Doctor diploma
- Highly Desirable – Previous experience working in Context
- Highly Desirable – working with MSF and/or in a Similar Setting
- Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili, Kirundi and French are assets.
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
- Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases and refugee health
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Participation in medical meetings, involve in Morbidities and Mortality review
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents (copies of diplomas) To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta in the CV Box by 4.00pm on 1st November 2019 or via MSFCHfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the Envelope/Subject Line the position title: Medical Doctor
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.