Job Opportunity Of PAEDIATRICIAN At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)JOB TITLE: PAEDIATRICIAN
Direct Reports to: Medical Activity Manager
Position status: Full-time | Location: Nduta Camp | Position open: 1
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Medical Doctor diploma in a recognized university
- Paediatrics qualification preferred
- Highly Desirable – 3 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor in paediatric hospital
- Highly Desirable – working with MSF and/or in a Similar Setting
- Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili, Kirundi and French are assets.
- Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
- Knowledge: Desirable – Tropical diseases and refugee health
- Applying medical knowledge and skills to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of children, ensuring integrated new-born and paediatric care through Emergency, OPD, and IPD services in New-borns and cases of malnutrition. Prescribing the necessary treatment, respecting MSF protocols.
- Collaborating closely with the different department of the hospital (e.g. Maternity), Knowing and ensuring all updated MSF medical protocols and universal precautions are followed and implemented, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control.
- As an expert in paediatrics, proposing strategy (modification on current new-born and paediatric care management) and implementing them after validation of Operation and Paediatric Advisor.
- Ensuring on-going new-born and paediatric training (formal and bedside) of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the new-born and paediatric quality of care. Reviewing and discussing selected complicated cases or mistakes and giving technical input.
- Keeping patients and their families informed of the illness and the treatment to follow, checking that they have been understood. Ensuring professional autonomy and confidentiality are respected and a good attitude and proper bedside manner towards the patient and their care takers and the rest of the medical team.
- Following up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Monitoring the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material and addresses the list of the missing item for new-born and paediatric activities. Providing inputs about general organization of the different paediatric wards, including the admission, transfer and discharge criteria + referral procedure from Maternity and post- delivery wards
- Checking and controlling the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and taking care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assuring general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participating in the introduction / improvement of the collection and analysis of epidemiological new-born and paediatric data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problems or complications of the patient’s illness and medical errors. Collecting Clinical cases for further trainings and list a series of comments to improve the current MSF protocols
- Managing the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Designing and providing training to staff as required.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents (copies of diplomas) To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta in the CV Box by 4.00pm on 1 ST November 2019 or via
Please indicate on the Envelope/Subject Line the position title: PAEDIATRICIAN
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)