Job Opportunity VSO International TanzaniaRole Overview
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to improving the employability of vulnerable and marginalised people in the countries that VSO works in through support to our Global livelihoods teams. The purpose of this role is help VSO conduct a detailed labour market research and analysis in countries where we have livelihoods programmes especially Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya. In this role, you will carry out a labour market skill survey to review the relevant skills sets for employability and the availability of such skill set in the various countries. This will help identify new employment opportunities and current skills gaps that will help to reduce poverty and exclusion among these most vulnerable groups. You will work remotely with our livelihoods team in VSO Tanzania, VSO Uganda and VSO Kenya.
You will document, test and replicate VSO’s work in the area of labour market analysis and advice on improvements and future focus of the labour market analysis work. Your input will ensure that VSO is using sound approaches towards analysing labour markets that will help reduce poverty and exclusion among the most vulnerable groups..
This role will mainly be remote/online research and analysis but there may be travels in which case VSO will facilitate the process
Skills, Qualifications And Experience
- A bachelor degree in social science, economics, business, marketing or related subject;
- Relevant previous experience with labour market studies in an economic reform context.
- Good analytical and writing skills, and good ability in manipulating, analysing and reporting survey information.
- Proven research and economic analysis experience, including 5 years of working experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the entrepreneurship and livelihoods sector specifically as it relates to start-up enterprises for youth with low levels of educational attainment and non-formal skills
- Good understanding of inclusion issues
- Broad previous experience with multi-country/county evaluations
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, communication and report writing skills.
- Good and tangible experience in social research;
- Experience in establishing and supporting organisation development;
- Experience of working on similar projects in a developing country.
This role will be carried out mainly through online desk research with online meetings with the teams. This role can be carried out in a flexible manner in which you have control over the days and times you will work to deliver the activities to meet the target deadline. Expenses you incur carrying out the activities will be fully reimbursed e.g. communication/internet cost.
Where we need you to accompany the team on a country visit, VSO will facilitate the process and cover all travels, accommodation and associated cost.
VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Application Closing Date: 31 Oct 2019
CLICK HERE TO APPLY