New Job Opportunities USAID Tanzania 2019, Ajira USAID Tanzania, USAID Jobs Tanzania, Kazi USAID Tanzania, Ajira Mpya USAID TanzaniaPosition: Evaluation Specialist
The Data for Development project seeks an Evaluation Specialist to join our team providing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical support and capacity building to USAID/Tanzania. The Evaluation Specialist will contribute to mixed method performance and impact evaluations in a variety of sectors. This assignment is based in Dar es Salaam and is a full-time position for two years. Tanzanian nationals are preferred. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Evaluation Specialist will design rigorous evaluations, with well thought-out research questions and associated indicators; develop questionnaires and qualitative data collection instruments; conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions; manage survey data collection efforts; review data, prepare datasets, analyze quantitative and qualitative data to measure program impact and implementation performance; and present findings and recommendations in reports.
Gender-related knowledge or experience will be advantageous. This position may also provide oversight to all aspects of gender data collection and analysis.
- Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of relevant professional experience; or Bachelor’s Degree with 8 additional years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing impact and performance evaluations for USAID
- Knowledge of gender and development issues in Tanzania
- Strong quantitative skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and at least one statistical software (i.e., SPSS, STATA, SAS, etc.)
- Strong qualitative skills and experience conducting interviews and focus group discussions
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Familiarity with one or more of the following sectors: gender equality and s women’s empowerment, family planning and reproductive health, women and youth employment, nutrition and food security, agriculture, health, infrastructure, education, environment, tourism, water and sanitation, economic growth, democracy and governance
MODE OF APPLICATION
If interested, please send your CV to Data4Development@norc.org with Evaluation Specialist in the subject line of your email.
The Deadline will be 01st November, 2019.