New Job Vacancies Rijk Zwaan | Jobs Tanzania, Ajira Rijk Zwaan, New Jobs Tanzania, Rijk Zwaan CareersRijk Zwaan is active worldwide as a vegetable breeding company that focuses on the development of high-quality vegetable varieties for professional growers. Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the important starting points for our company. Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in USA River, Arusha). Currently we have around 480 employees and as we continue to grow, we have the following vacancy for dedicated diligent Tanzanians:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Reports to: Stores, Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Job Summary: The purpose of the post is to assist the Stores, Procurement and Logistics Manager in the performance of duties pertaining to procurement procedures.
- Qualification: Bachelor Degree Procurement Certifications from a recognized institution and registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board.
- Experience: At least three (3) years working experience in tertiary education or any other recognized institutions in similar field
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Officer shall be responsible for the efficient and effective performance of duties and responsibilities pertaining Procurement Management and execution. The Procurement Officer shall ensure that the procurement activities are made in accordance with the procedures of Rijk Zwaan. Essential duties include:
- Responsible for the complete local procurement process and procurement planning
- Negotiate with current and external vendors to secure terms, price and qualities
- Be efficient and cost effective
- Assist the Stores, procurement and logistics manager in procurement and logistics activities;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s manage.
- Be a person of high integrity.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Physical and mental fitness.
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Power point)
- Able to work as part of team by contributing to team effort.
- Good care off, with communication skills.
- Experienced in the English language, verbal and written
- Experience with TANCIS system
- Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
Tenure: Local permanent contract
Please send your CV and your motivation to apply for this job to email@example.com with a subject “Application of Procurement Officer”, by 22nd October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.